What Motherboard Do I Have - Find Out Hardware Infomation & Download Latest Drivers
Many software program, apps, and video games demand you to have a selected motherboard so as to run those programs. If you don’t have that encouraged motherboard, those applications gained’t run properly and commonly, they don’t even run. When you try to run them, they prompt an mistakes telling that the device is incompatible or motherboard no longer supported, and so on.
Not simplest with software, if you need to alternate the hardware like RAM, ethernet card, photograph card, HDD, and many others. It’s essential to understand that what motherboard do you have. Because no longer all hardware are built to assist every motherboard. So, in case you trade put RAM, Ethernet Card etc. which are incompatible along with your motherboard then you may see mistakes messages such as “Memory is not like minded with the motherboard”, “The CPU isn't always like minded with the motherboard”, “Motherboard isn't always well matched with video card”, and so on.
So, it’s critical to recognize what motherboard do you have got. It will assist you to find out hardware and software program additives that are like minded together with your motherboard and work easily with it. So, these days, here I am telling you 3 simple strategies for you to will let you understand what motherboard to I even have.
Identify PC Motherboard using Built-in Utility
If you need to realize what motherboard (it’s model quantity) you have got then Windows has supplied System Information utility inside it’s all Windows versions which permit customers to locate every detail approximately their PC – both hardware and software program information. Using this device, you’ll be capable of recognize what motherboard do your PC have.
For Windows eight or 10 OS
If you personal a Windows 8 or 10 PC, then you can open System Information Utility using any of the following ways:
- Search System Information in Windows search bar (Windows eight) or Windows Cortana search-container (Windows 10). It will appear in search result. Double click on to open System Information software.
- Open Run speak box with the aid of pressing Win + R keys. Inside Run communicate container, type msinfo32 and hit ENTER. It will open System Information device in front of you.
For Windows 7 or decrease OS
If you have Windows 7 or lower OS versions PC like Windows Vista or Windows XP then you could find System Information application by following under steps:
- Open Start Menu
- From Start Menu, navigate to All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools, then select System Information software.
System Information software, while opens, show you System Summary wherein you could see the motherboard producer (System Manufacturer) and motherboard version (System Model).
- The motherboard name many additionally be listed as BaseBoard
- For OEM computers which include Dell or Hewlett-Packard (HP), the version wide variety acting at System Information software can be the laptop’s model quantity. So, for these manufacturers, please seek advice from their technical notes to find out data about the motherboard.
Identify PC Motherboard Information the usage of User’s Manual
If the PC/Laptop comes with a user manual or documentation then undergo it due to the fact those technical notes of your computer also contain motherboard statistics. If it’s a assembled PC then you need to search for motherboard’s documentation which you bought with the motherboard when to procure it. PDF versions of those manuals may be freely downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer’s internet site.
You also can recognise which motherboard you’re the use of via commencing your CPU. This is but now not a undertaking of novices. So, if you recognise a way to open the CPU without causing any problem then open it and you could see the motherboard manufacturer call and model variety written truly someplace at the motherboard.
For instance, take a look to this MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Motherboard. The manufacturer’s call and model number is written definitely on it.
Tips & Notes
- If you may’t find your PC motherboard’s producer name or version variety but you’ve placed it’s FCC range then you can search it’s FCC variety in https://www.fcc.gov website to get information about motherboard’s manufacturer.
- If none of it really works, it’s excellent to touch PC help center and ask for his or her help.