INRDeals research: India’s favorite Online Shopping sites reveal
“Online shopping” is one of the latest trends that has transformed the Indian market over the last couple of years. Online shopping is slowly creeping into India. As of now, a large number of people prefer buying stuff online instead of going to markets which already remains rushed. It is preferred more than regular shopping due to its ultimate benefits such as fast, easy, money saving and 24 hours shopping, shopping with coupon to get discount, shopping from Home etc.
Not so long ago, the Indian audience was wary of shopping online owing to potential thefts etc. But now, Indians today, especially middle and upper class Indians, have begun exploring all avenues online and have begun shopping for almost everything from groceries to furniture. Today India is world’s one of the Biggest ecommerce Markets.
Due to a large number of shopping sites in India, now there is also a strong competition atmosphere among them. People get confused from which online shopping site; they should buy.
Ecommerce entered a new phase during the recent festive sales conducted by the ecommerce biggies during this month.
So we have shortlisted some of the online sites that have remained India’s favorite this season:
1. Flipkart: Flipkart is the India’s Online Megastore featuring a lot of things in one site. It is India’s most popular online shopping website.
- Flipkart is so much trusted company that many of the new products are launched exclusively in the country on Flipkart only. It also sells the products that can only be purchased online through Flipkart.
- Another great feature of Flipkart is that it offers a lot of sales and exclusive discounts to their customers such as the Festival sale and discounts and Big Billion Days. Being an Indian site, it takes care of what Indians are actually interested in by featuring a lot of cultural items as well.
- With its own logistics service eKart, Flipkart ensures prompt and timely delivery, which is the biggest asset for this online marketplace.
- It is most trustworthy site for Indians because of its popularity and Cash on Delivery payment method which is one of the main reasons of its success.
2. Amazon: Amazon.in is the Indian version of the International ecommerce company, Amazon.com. A large number of people from India swear by the services of amazon.
Since amazon is an American company, it lacks the desi taste that would be preferred by an Indian.
The exciting offers and good service helped Amazon to take as second best ecommerce site of India.
3. Snapdeal: Snapdeal is an Indian ecommerce site that gained a good popularity among Indian buyers in a very less time.
- Snapdeal is a completely Indian website and is often preferred by the masses for its cheap rates. It sells products at really low prices and hence, is a favorite of the masses.
- This ecommerce site is widely used by people because of its variety of discounts and offers on different products from different categories.
- From introducing a new logo and tag line (Unbox Zindagi (or Unbox Life), to its successful “Unbox Diwali sale”. There are many reasons of its popularity among people.
4. Paytm: Paytm started with online wallet service and mobile/DTH recharge platform or bill paying platform & now it is selling everything from Home Decor, Clothing, and Laptops to Mobile at killer price. It offers great deals which make it widely used across the web as well as on smartphones.
5. eBay: eBay is a multinational ecommerce giant from USA which also operates in India. It is known for its best online auction capability. It helps the third party to sell its item on the site. From new to old products, everything is available on eBay. It is one of the oldest and strongest ecommerce sites of world and India. It holds the position of 6 among Indian online marketing biggies.
6. Jabong: A store that specializes mainly in fashion and trends, Jabong has grown exponentially since it first started out.
- It is an online fashion store that sells clothing and accessories from different in-house, national and international brands.
- Jabong offers a reward point system and frequent sales. Many sources confirm that Jabong is the second most clicked shopping site in India.
- It has all kinds of products from western wear to desi kurti. Jabong is excessively preferred by women shoppers.
- The advertisements of Jabong.com are also one of the best among its competitors which helped it to rise at good rate.
7. Pepperfry: -Pepperfry is one of leading Indian website in selling lifestyle products. It sells furniture, kitchen items, dining items, and home decor stuff. There are about 75000+ products in a differentiated category. It follows a managed marketplace business model and connects small and medium business to millions of customers.
8. Shopclues: One of the first shopping websites to be launched in India, shopclues.com.
- They came up with the idea of “Jaw Dropping deals” which meant customers could get bargains at really low prices and that has made the site extremely popular with all users.
- The site itself is a hub of everything, selling accessories, mobiles, toys, books etc.
- Shopclues is known for its wide range of products and occasional sales that offer huge discounts for a limited period. Cash back is given to the customers in the form of Shopclues bucks.
There are some other popular websites such as Firstcry, Urban Ladder, and Lenskart.
Overall, shopping at any of these popular online shopping sites in India is a great experience and one that is recommended immensely.
So wishing you Happy Shopping!!